Thursday, September 5, 2013

D is for Decorating

I love to decorate! Halloween to New Years is my favorite time of year, and is certainly enhanced by the decorative possibilities that come without shame upon us annually. I love the colors, the exuberance, the ability for mankind to embrace the better part of themselves as the holidays roll forth. Even Halloween, the scariest of them, usually has fun attached to it. Giving, food, friends...all the things that make life bearable are wrapped up in these few months.

Unfortunately, I'm not that crafty, so I buy what I cannot make (God rest ye merry merchants may ye make the Yuletide pay! Angels we have heard on high tell us to go out and buy!). Pinterest has become my new best friend; they really should make a Pinterest Anonymous group for how addictive that website is. I know there are Pinbuds out there, even if you're hiding, and you know exactly what I'm talking about...

Pillows, table settings, ornaments to gather dust--many of these I have, but I've found that my collection mainly consists of hanging decorations. I'm not sure what it is about it that makes decorating so exciting, but there it is. Maybe it's the finished product. The decorations make the house a home, a lonely place a welcome relief from the stresses of life. I would hope that when people come to my apartment or my home when I get one that they feel welcome, and decorations definitely aid in that ambiance.


The Petite Soiree: Edgar Allan Poe - Raven Inspired Halloween Party Decor

No comments:

Post a Comment