Thursday, September 26, 2013

Y is for Yellow

Yellow is such a happy color. Although my favorite color is blue, when looking for help, comfort and hope--which I must admit I am seeking right now--I think of yellow. It reminds me of warmth, both physical and emotional, and that there can be healing, even when your life feels like it's falling apart.

It is also the color of light, though other colors are mixed in or it could be possibly white, just an older light bulb :). Either way it can bring physical light into a room or even knowledge to the soul.  I know that doesn't really make sense probably in context, but I hope you can understand what I mean.

Yellow is also the color of my favorite flower, the daffodil. Daffodils just make me smile every time I see them (Too bad they are only in season in spring!). If only they could be in season all year round--I would absolutely love that.

Pick a color that brings you joy, and when life gets you down, think of that color, find a place with that color or pick a project using that color. Hopefully it will bring hope and comfort back into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment