Monday, October 3, 2011

I am grateful for....

Today I decided that rather than linger on the increasingly awkward and headache-inducing goings on of my day, I would say at least one thing I am grateful for--bus drivers.

Now, for those of us who do not drive in this world--and there are very few of us--bus drivers are an integral part of our day (This also includes train and subway conductors and electric operators, for those of us on the other side of the hemisphere or in very large cities that use the metro more.). They probably get up earlier than most of us and spend all day transporting other people around. Some drivers I know have just come to the five year mark of their bus driving, while others have been doing it longer than I have lived--and that could be considered a while.

So, to those of you who drive day in and day out--bus drivers, taxi drivers, metro controllers and train conductors--I thank you! You make my life a little bit easier with your job. The next time you see one of these guys, make sure to thank them for all their hard work and give them a round of applause.

1 comment:

  1. You have great perspective on life, Kara. I think it's great that you point out things like this. I hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete