Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tuesdays with Morrie

Another great book to read, Tuesdays with Morrie is along the same lines as The Fred Factor in some ways...wisdom from an old man to a young man (Mitch Albom) about life's greatest lessons. This is a true story about the discussions between an old professor and his favorite student, the former dying from Lou Gehrig's disease.

Thirteen discussions about the social issues of the world: money, greed, cultural self-serving, etc... but also some of the best things in life: family, love, hope, change etc... and mixing them all together in serious discussion with real-life humor also thrown in.

I would encourage everyone to read it. The end almost made me cry! You get to know Morrie and Mitch both, and discover how much human contact and love are important in any relationship and, if you're willing, what you can learn from the previous generation about how to live your life to find true happiness.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I decided to update my blog - I'm finding people who have blogs that I never knew about! I will definitely stay tuned to yours from now on! I think it's awesome that you are publishing and I intend to check out your articles in the Examiner. Incidentally, where is this choir you're in and how might one audition? I've been wanting to be in a choir for quite some time now! I'm glad things are working out for you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete