Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 10: Tyrannosaurus was a Beast by Jack Prelutsky

Today has already been a really tough day for me....tough on the job hunt, I didn't get enough sleep last night, I want to burn a book I'm working on and I feel swindled...not robbed, swindled. Those are two very different things, by the way. Anyway, so to counter all this, I read this book that I loved when I was a kid...It was my brother's when we were little, but I went searching for it in the library and found it. It's a really funny book, and I think anyone who picks it up can't help but smile, no matter what kind of day you're having. My favorite poem in the book is "Iguanodon" and it goes like this:

Iguanodon, Iguanodon,
whatever made you fade,
you've traveled on, Iguanodon,
we wish you could have stayed.

Iguanodon, Iguanodon,
we've sought you everywhere
both here and yon, Iguanodon,
but failed to find you there.

Iguanodon, Iguanodon,
you were a gentle kind,
but now you're gone, Iguanodon,
and left your bones behind.

For children and adults alike, I definitely want to suggest this as one you want in your library. Hope all is well with you and I hope you can find some gladness wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment