Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 7: The Valley of Fear

Another Sherlock novel, this is one written much like A Study in Scarlet. where there is a second story, a past life that plays deeply into the present, and really Sherlock and Watson come in only when the present is written....Sherlock still definitely solves the case, but the past which he is not a part of has played an integral part. It is a really interesting way to write, but can be a little confusing at times, even for me. That's all except two that I have read of the Sherlock Holmes series, and I'm as big a fan as ever. I also heard that Brad Pitt was going to play the part of Professor Moriarty in the sequel to the movie of Sherlock Holmes-"WHAT?!" was my first reaction...still trying to wrap my head around that one. I never saw Brad Pitt as a maniachal math professor (and yes, that is EXACTLY what Moriarty is.), nor did I ever think of him as sinister enough....I guess we shall see. But at least for now know that I keep myself at bay for this one, and no matter what I will always be a fan of the original books. If you are a fan, this is a read for you.

1 comment: