Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 19: The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Yes...I know I sound really obsessive and I have already done two of the Sherlock books, but this book. and how I found it, is a very interesting story indeed. It was actually written by Doyle, the original author, and I can't pass this up! I didn't even know this book existed until about two weeks ago when I went to the Provo Library and, trying to get my friend Alyssa into the Sherlock books, picked up a giant compilation and found it in there. I was surprised, because I thought I knew about them all--at least all of the original books (I know there are others written by other people-I'll deal with those later. I am definitely a die hard for originals...). Anyway, so two weeks later I happen into a bookshop at the Provo Towne Center Mall called Eborn Books, and what do I find there but this book. I bought it at once, knowing that I would probably never happen upon this chance again. So now I only have two left to own--The Sign of the Four and His Last Bow. I can't wait for the day when I'll own the entire collection!
There are some great stories in here, particularly "The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax", "The Adventure of the Devil's Foot" and "The Adventure of the Dying Detective". Arthur Conan Doyle is a genius...that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment