Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 3: Limitations by Scott Turow

More about the law than I ever wanted to know, which is probably why it was so epically confusing at first. I also figured out who the culprit was before the end, which is definitely new for me...I enjoyed that. :) It was not necessarily an action-packed page turner, like most mysteries seem to become, but truly a methodical vision of what goes on behind closed doors concerning the law. An interesting read, but watch out-there is certainly some colorful language, if I do say so myself. There are some particular quotes I just can't get over, though, and I must share them.

"George Mason has known Cassandra Oakey all of her life. He held her no more than a month after she was born, and retains a clear memory of playing Go Fish with her an entire afternoon when she was seven and had come to the office with Harrison on a school holiday while George was in the life-suspended state that always set in when he was waiting for a jury."

"When you sin, you always go back to your roots."

If any of you plan to become a lawyer or a judge, this book is for you....and don't think that I'm giving everything away by giving you the quotes-I'm not. You'll just have to read it and find out for yourself...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment