Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 5: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

I never said I wouldn't do children's books....I didn't. And in fact, this one helped me today because I was doing major amounts of research and ended up with a whopper of a headache, which is better now...but anyway, back to the book. So this book was very different from the movie, and I saw the movie first. Now I know that someone at this point is probably wanting to get into the classic "Which is better book or movie" argument with me, but honestly I can say that I'm not sure which is better because they are so different from each other. The book doesn't explain how the crazy weather came to the town, but the movie has lots of side characters that are integral only to the movie script....Sigh. I will say though, that I love the protagonist in the movie: Flint Lockwood. He's really funny and kind of crazy, which I enjoyed immensely. There is no Flint Lockwood in the book. Maybe what you should do, if you haven't read the book or seen the movie, is read the book and see the movie in the same night-then you can form your own opinions. Let the sun shine, and may your dinners be scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment