Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 14: The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstien

The Giving Tree is a wonderful book...It almost made me shed a tear. It was so touching, teaching about life change but in a way that is universal. I had heard about the book before, but had never read it, and I didn't know it was by Shel Silverstien. He's a genius.....The book is so simple and yet the theme is important to remember. I would suggest this to anyone who wants a book to teach their children or just wants it for themselves. Even cynics and people who say, "Oh, this is for children, not real adults"-for people like that I would say flat out "You're wrong." Everyone needs this book. I would urge you to buy it if you have the money or go to a library and read it if you don't. Embrace it's themes and simplicity....let it become a part of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment