Friday, September 6, 2013

E is for Eggs

In pondering about future posts this week, I was thinking about how much I miss green eggs and ham. My mom used to make it every St. Patrick's Day for us right before school, named after, of course, the Dr. Seuss book by that same title. Then I started thinking, and the more I thought about it, the more I thought "I just like eggs".

I like them scrambled, poached, fried, deviled...many different ways. I've never tried Eggs Benedict, but I've heard it's good. I even enjoy decorating eggs for Easter. It's one of my favorite pastimes, even if it has nothing to do with anything. It just allows me to be artistic, and that's good enough. Half the time projects like that allow me to keep my sanity. I DO NOT, however, like egg salad sandwiches (I think it's the texture--far too mushy for my taste. I can't even explain it, but when I eat them I gag.)!

I also enjoy using them in cooking. I always get those half dozen cartons at the market, then end up using half of them in a cake or project I'm doing that includes dough of some kind. Maybe it's just the idea that eggs are so useful, and good for you too without being too bland. Have you ever made a "Sunny Side" sandwich? Try it sometime--they are super good! Two pieces of bread with a hole in the middle, fry the egg in the holes and ta-da! You've got breakfast right at your fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment