Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Q is for Quartermaster

This blog post is dedicated to one of my favorite characters in the James Bond movie series--Q, the Quartermaster, the man with all the gadgets. I loved the older man that played him forever, and I love the new one too from Skyfall. Perfect casting in my opinion.

I love also that without Q, Bond would not survive. He needs all the inventions that Q gives him at some point, and they always are available in an opportune moment (Good story tellers can pull out the stops like that while making it still plausible). He is a side character that is integral to the story, and also the humor, black or white, that keeps the movies on the optimistic side of things.

Don't underestimate side characters (They are often my personal favorites!), because in a well written story there is a reason for every character. One of my favorite scenes in the Bond series is when Q comes floating down in the balloon in Octopussy. If you haven't seen it, you should. Also see Skyfall--great Q scenes there too! Cheers!







           

No comments:

Post a Comment