Monday, September 23, 2013

V is for Violin

I love the strings, meaning violin, cello and viola. They make me melt inside; when I hear them it transports me elsewhere. I would love to learn to play the violin. That is definitely one of my bucket list accomplishments that I want to say CHECK to at some point in my life.

Close your eyes and listen specifically for the violin if it is part of a orchestral piece, or if it is a solo, take time to appreciate it. Even though they are often hidden in the full masterpiece, they are also the foundation for that piece. Take time to appreciate the beauty that the violin creates through sound. Though it is not so visual, the images that it creates in your mind are the direct result of what you are hearing.

Feel the vibrato in your soul, allow yourself free reign in the workings of your creative mind. All of this done through music, music usually without words. Find that instrument of your own and surround yourself with it. Whatever you want to accomplish, make sure that is a part of your strategy. Sometimes that can inspire you to new heights in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment