Monday, September 16, 2013

O is for Orange

Since you're getting to know me a little bit, I thought I would post this for you. I hate the color orange. I like the fruit, I like the smell of an orange, but I hate the color. I have no idea why that is, and I seriously dislike the fact that blue and orange are complimentary colors, seeing as blue is my favorite color. Such a conundrum sometimes.

Some of the things I absolutely love have orange in them, like autumn as a season, or pumpkin chocolate chip bread during the holidays, or chocolate oranges....but the color on it's own is just horrid. Maybe it's partially because I cannot wear it; it doesn't help me look good. That sounds really shallow, but it's more of a reason than "I'm not sure".

I will not have orange decorations in my house unless it's Halloween or Thanksgiving, and I would not pick it out for my decor of choice. I will never have a wall painted orange in my house....and if my husband loves the color orange, I will let him have an office all to himself and never wander in there unaccompanied.

I know this is probably a silly thing to be adamant about, but like I said earlier, you're getting to know me. I hope this doesn't completely turn you away from my writing or thoughts, and if it does, I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment