Tuesday, September 24, 2013

W is for Doctor Who

The 50th anniversary is coming this year, and I am sooo excited! So far, out of all the episodes my favorite doctor is David Tennant, but Matt Smith grew on me too. I was so pleased--and slightly frightened (JOHN HURT!)--with the last episode I saw that it makes me totally stoked! Anyone who sees that exclamation in parentheses and knows what I'm talking about gets extra brownie points and a gigantor invitation to be friends. Not to leave anyone out, though, anyone is welcome to be my friend. Just know that you will get unexpected gasps or random references from time to time to things you may not understand, like Doctor Who and Sherlock.

I'm planning on throwing a party on the 50th (November 23rd, 7 PM) with Whovians and non-Whovians alike. To tell you how important this is, I throw a party maybe once a year :). This is going to be the best party of all time, and I mean that literally!

For those of you who are not aware, Doctor Who is a British television show where science fiction and humanity meet, where a Timelord (an alien form that for humans is like a god that wants to become more human) that  tries to save the world (and humanity) several times and manages to succeed, but only with the help from his various companions. And yes, in case you're wondering, I have wanted to be the Doctor's companion from time to time. There are time warps and narrow escapes, villains that give you the creeps and good guys who make you unsure what to think. It's got the heroes tale wrapped up in a time traveling blue box called the TARDIS where every room is an endless enigma.

You should watch it--it will make you cry, tear your hair out, and bite your nails to the quick. It will rip your heart out and stomp on it and leave you an emotional puddle on the floor--but it's totally worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment