Tuesday, September 17, 2013

P is for Pinterest

Pinterest is my new guilty pleasure! It's an addiction for people who don't drink or do drugs. Unfortunately, time goes by faster than expected, as with all things of this kind. Actually, it has also helped me in a lot of ways--therapy when my wheels are spinning and ideas when I'm spinning my wheels.

I also have been able to organize the things that I like into"Boards" or, more generally, categories, and when you don't have a category for something that you find, you make a new one. I have also found other people who enjoy what I enjoy; you can find out quite a bit about a person by the boards they have on their Pinterest account. And, when you need someone to talk to who understands, just comment, and someone will answer you. This is a pretty new thing, but I think it's catching. I wonder if it will become the next Facebook.

Also, I like the idea of pictures. Not just for art, but videos, recipes, books, articles...In order to add something onto Pinterest, you have to have a picture and a link to a website. Then you just pin what you like from others, for yourself--It's all you! Don't worry about getting "likes" or "pins", just let yourself go in a good way. It's a good way to let out some tension or just to know that someone out there feels the way you do about the way things are going in the world.

It can make you laugh, cry, sing, smile, remember....All from the comfort of your bedroom. It can inspire, create and comfort, whether you are alone or with someone. It doesn't matter. Just let you be you.


No comments:

Post a Comment