Saturday, September 7, 2013

F is for Friends and Family

Today is an interesting day for me, because although I am single, a major family event happened this morning. My brother is engaged! This means that I get to add another sister into the family,which I am very excited about. I think she's the best thing since sliced bread for my brother, and they are perfect for each other. This also means that I am the last one of my friends and family to be married.

Some would think this is an awful state of affairs, and sometimes it does feel that way when I am feeling particularly lonely, but I have also found that when times get really bad and I'm not sure what to do with myself, someone usually saves the day who is in my friend and family circle. They are priceless, so keep them close. Without them life would have little meaning, and no matter how independent you think you are, everyone needs someone to care about them and have someone to care about as well.

As I'm writing this I keep thinking of the song "People" from the musical Funny Girl. It goes something like this:

People,
People who need people,
Are the luckiest people in the world.
We're children, needing other children
And yet letting a grown-up pride
Hide all the need inside
Acting more like children than children.
 

Lovers are very special people
They're the luckiest people in the world.
With one person, one very special person
A feeling deep in your soul
Says you were half now you're whole.
No more hunger and thirst
But first be a person who needs people!
People who need people
Are the luckiest people in the world.
 

With one person, one very special person
No more hunger and thirst
But first be a person who needs people!
People who need people
Are the luckiest people in the world.


So the next time you're feeling really lonely, turn to those who love you most and best, wherever they are, and thank them for all they've done for you.

To my family and friends: I love you! Thank you for just being you!

Love,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment